Enjoying a delicious ice cream on a hot, sunny day is something everyone enjoys. However, people are not the only creatures that can eat ice cream. Pets can also enjoy it! 3 easy ice cream recipes for your dogs and read on to learn how to prepare.
Since it contains fruit and protein, this mixture will be a good addition to your dog’s normal diets , especially in the summer.
Although a great option, ice cream should not be the main course in your dog’s diet. Their diet should contain all the essential nutrients that their bodies need.
3 easy ice cream recipes for dogs
Milk (usually cow’s milk) and eggs are used to achieve the right consistency when making these ice cream recipes . However, since these products are among the foods that may be allergic to dogs, you should use natural and sugar-free yogurt with low lactose.
On the other hand, if your dog is not allergic to lactose, you can use milk kefir to make ice cream. This natural probiotic strengthens the immune system and prevents many diseases. Therefore, adding it to your dog’s diet as a nutritional supplement is very beneficial for their health.
Banana ice cream recipe for dogs (without lactose)
This ice cream recipe is ideal for all dogs because it does not contain lactose. With the texture of banana you can make a natural creamy ice cream without adding any dairy product.
Because it is rich in fiber, bananas are great for preventing constipation and improving your dog’s bowel movements. It also provides the necessary vitamins and minerals to keep your dog friend healthy. However, it is important that you do not give your dog too many bananas because the glucose ratio is high.
You can also add coconut oil and cinnamon to this recipe. Both components are excellent supplements to strengthen your dog’s immune system and sweeten ice cream.
Two lightly ripe bananas
- A pinch of cinnamon sticks
1 teaspoon of coconut oil
- First, peel the bananas and cut them into medium slices . Then put it on a plate, cover it with a plastic cover and put it in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Half an hour later, remove the bananas from the freezer and mix with coconut oil . In a few seconds, you’ll see a creamy paste form that is very similar to homemade ice cream.
- Finally add the cinnamon . Then stir. Here’s a delicious homemade ice cream for your dog.
Ice Cream with Watermelon and Yogurt (low lactose)
Watermelon is another healthy fruit for dogs because it has a high content of water, vitamins and fiber. It is ideal for eliminating the need for fluids during the summer months and preventing signs of dehydration. Do not forget to give your dog this fruit in quantities in its decision, because the watermelon has a high sugar content.
- 1 slice of watermelon, cut into medium-sized pieces.
- 1/2 cup sugar-free, low-lactose yogurt
- For starters, crush the watermelon pieces with yogurt until you get a smooth creamy mixture. Then put the mixture in a container of your choice, cover it with parchment paper and put it in the freezer
- When ice cream is ready, remove it from the freezer and serve it to your dog.
- You can also open the center of the ice cream and put a dog biscuit in it. This way, you can help your dog eat ice cream without messing around.
Peach, yogurt and cookies ice cream recipe for dogs
This is one of the most nutritious and delicious ice cream recipes for dogs because it has an exquisite combination. Of course, you should use biscuits made specifically for dogs , not for people to eat for this recipe.
You must peel the peach peel before adding it to the mixture. You can also use rice milk to give the mixture a creamy texture.
- 2 peaches with peeled out and cut into small pieces
1 cup of rice milk
Three dog biscuits (crushed or chopped)
- First, mix the peach and rice broth until you get a smooth creamy mixture. Then, add the biscuits.
- Mix them all and place in the freezer.
- When ice cream is ready, remove it from the freezer and serve it to your dog friend.
Before making any changes to your dog’s diet and offering them new food, it is best to ask a trusted vet.
Homemade Nutrition Related Tips For Your Dog
There are many different diets that a dog can follow. There are some things to keep in mind about homemade nutrition for dogs. [Read more »