In another article, we talked about the benefits of olive oil for dogs , but not for cats. Everyone knows that cats and dogs are different in many ways. What is considered healthy for one animal can be harmful for the other. Read on to learn about the benefits of olive oil for cats !
Benefits of olive oil for cats
True, olive oil has benefits for cats. Here are some of the benefits:
- Antioxidant: Olive oil; contains high vitamin E, polyphenol and antioxidants that strengthen the immune system of felines due to chlorophyll.
- Prevents heart disease: Olive oil, the animal may be digested harmful fats that help digest healthy oils contain.
- If your cat eats little, pour a drop of olive oil, your cat’s appetite to fulfill the smell of food and increases the flavor of the food.
- Improves their appearance: Thanks to the water contained in olive oil, your cat’s hair will be brighter and your skin will be healthier. It will also slow down the aging process.
- Hairballs: Cats constantly lick themselves because their stomach accumulates hairballs. A tablespoon of olive oil helps cats get rid of these terrible hairballs.
In addition to these benefits, there are other areas where olive oil helps your cat friend.
Constipation affects cats more than we think. Although antibiotics and homemade treatments are available for this, experts have proved that olive oil is very good for constipation.
To soften the cat’s feces, you can add half a tablespoon of olive oil to your cat’s food. One or two days later you will see the results. If the problem persists, take it to the vet as there may be other causes of constipation.
Cleaning your cat from wolves sometimes causes skin damage because fleas and parasites can be removed with chemical products. However, you can use olive oil which is a suitable treatment for the skin. In addition, this deodorizes chemical products.
Cats’ ears are ideal places for infections and mites that cause serious problems. To clean your cat’s ear; soak a pinch of cotton with olive oil and gently wipe this area.
Remove excess oil. Continue this process for several days until you see signs of recovery. Alternatively, you can perform this procedure several times a week to avoid the mites.
Due to the benefits of olive oil for cats, you can use olive oil on a daily basis. We explained above how you can improve your cat’s internal and external health. However, you should adjust the amount of fat you give your cat well.
If you don’t know what amount of olive oil to give your cat, you can take a look at the following tips:
- If your cat weighs less than 8 kilos , no more than 3 teaspoons of olive oil per week,
- For a cat weighing between 8 and 11 pounds , half a teaspoon per day,
- You can give cats weighing more than 11 kilos half a tablespoon per day.
Regardless of your cat’s age and weight, do not give more than three tablespoons a week. Although olive oil is beneficial for cats, different methods of consumption should be followed.
Olive oil is very useful for cats, unless you overdo it.
Benefits of Olive Oil for Animals
Although animals cannot eat the same food as us, some of our food, such as olive oil, is also beneficial to them. Read More »