In the summer, dogs should not be dehydrated. It is recommended that domestic animals have access to clean water at all times, as well as canned food. In this article we would like to give you some information about the best summer food for your dog. Read on for details!
With the arrival of summer , you will need to change your dog’s diet to include easy-to-digest foods and more liquids . This will not only allow you to take care of the dog’s digestive system, but will also prevent heatstroke that could endanger the health of the animal.
Find out what is the best summer food for dogs in this article, so you can take better care of your beloved dog . Here are summer foods to help you avoid heat stroke and cool your dog!
With the approach of summer, you may also be interested in this article: Going on Vacation with Your Dog: Make Your Summer Plans
Best ways to prevent heatstroke
A dog may have serious physical and psychological consequences after prolonged exposure to the sun , especially if it is located in an enclosed space, such as a room with no ventilation or a car with the windows closed .
Guidelines for protecting your dog from heatstroke are not very different from those for humans. We will be able to list some of these as follows:
- First, make sure your dog gets plenty of liquid and always has fresh water to drink.
- If for any reason you have to leave your dog alone for a long period of time, make sure that it stays in a ventilated room , a source of water that is easily accessible from sunlight .
- If your dog’s hair is too long, try to shave your dog as soon as temperatures begin to rise to keep it cool and comfortable.
Also take a look at this article: Should Summer Animals Be Cut Down?
The best summer food for dogs
Many people do not know how great the role of food is in the dehydration of an animal . Both cats and dogs need wet foods in their diet because they serve as another source of water.
As for summer food, the percentage of water by weight is the key factor. Here are some of the most recommended foods for your furry friend during these hot months :
- Your favorite melon and watermelon is an ideal snack for your dog. These fruits are not only a source of water, but also help to reduce body temperature because they are cool. Give your dog only seedless melons; so you don’t suffocate.
- In addition to anti-inflammatory properties for your dog’s stomach, Ginger is a sedative. You can make a great ice cream with watermelon juice and ground ginger to make it appetizing.
- Fresh carrots are an excellent source of vitamins and minerals for your dog and can replace a normal bone or chew toy. Carrots are the source of beta carotene, vitamin E and B complex vitamins.
- Green beans are rich in fiber. To help regulate digestion, mix them only with normal foods.
- Coconut milk is not just a fashionable drink for people. This nutrient fluid is particularly useful for dogs on long trips under the sun. Puppy dogs may not be able to digest coconut milk, so avoid giving coconut milk until your dog gets older.
- Believe it or not, there is such a thing as ice cream for dogs. Since traditional ice creams can damage the digestive system of animals, companies such as Frosty Paws make lactose-free ice cream suitable for puppies and adult dogs. Check with your vet to see if these refreshing foods are sold in your area.
Recommended Summer Fruits for Your Dog
Summer fruits are great sources of vitamins, minerals and fibers, and they contain plenty of water. Read on for more! [Read more »