When your dog runs out of food or in honor of a special day, you can make homemade croquettes for your dog. You should try very easy and practical home recipes that can be made with the ingredients you always have .
Do not forget that every meal that people consume is not suitable for dogs . There are foods they shouldn’t consume, no matter what they give to dogs.
Also keep in mind that food allergies are quite common among pets . So if you want your dog to taste something new, but if you have doubts about it, you should consult a veterinarian.
The Prohibited List
If you plan to make some homemade croquettes for your dog, you should never use onions or garlic. Avoid grapes, pomegranates, chocolate, whole milk, peanuts and avocado. We don’t even have to tell you not to give your dog a drink.
At the same time, dogs should not consume shrimp or popcorn (generally corn), celery, sour cherry, almond, pepper and marshmallow.
Pineapple, potatoes, mushrooms and tomatoes should be present in small amounts in your dog’s meal. The same applies to watermelon, cheese, broccoli , blueberry, strawberry, apple and bread.
The Safety List
In addition to fruits such as pears and melons , we can say that vegetables such as lettuce, spinach and carrots are among the safe foods for dogs . One of the dogs’ favorite foods is steak. You can also add ingredients such as well-cooked fish or rice to your dog’s food.
Homemade Croquet Options for Your Dog
Here are some of the homemade croquette options you can do for your dog. You can use them for snacks, awards for good behavior or junk food (always contact your vet to make sure your dog’s food contains the necessary nutrients).
- 250 g of beef cut into small pieces
- 3 glasses of broth
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup of extra virgin olive oil
1 cup of lactose-free milk
- Empty all materials into a large container. Mix until completely smooth and smooth. You may need to put a little more gravy in order to achieve consistency.
- Spread the dough on a greasy tray. Cut the dough into small pieces with a knife or pizza cutter.
- Place the tray in the preheated oven at 180 ° C.
- After one hour, remove the tray from the oven and allow the croquettes to cool and harden.
You can store it in the refrigerator for up to two weeks in a container. Remember to remove it from the refrigerator 20 minutes before giving it to your dog ; croquettes must be at room temperature for consumption.
The Oat Croquet
- 2 cups of oatmeal
- ½ cup of plain yogurt
- 2 teaspoons of baking soda
1 medium-sized, cut into small pieces and boiled potatoes
- Pour all the ingredients into a container and mix until a dense mixture .
- Take the dough on the counter and cut it small to be the size of the biscuit .
- Place the croquettes on an oily tray and bake in a 180 ° C oven for 30 minutes.
- Let it cool until it cools down and becomes crispy.
You can put it in a sealed jar or refrigerator bag and store it in a cool, dry place (you do not have to store it in the refrigerator). You can store up to a week.
- 250 g of boneless chicken cut into small pieces
- 100 g of whole wheat flour
- 1 cup of oatmeal
- ¼ cup of extra virgin olive oil
1 scrambled egg
- Add flour and oatmeal to the egg and mix well.
- Add the remaining ingredients and knead with your hands.
- Take the dough on the counter and cut it into small pieces as you wish.
- Bake in the oven at 180 ° C for 20 minutes.
- Let it cool until it cools and becomes crispy.
Put the croquettes in a container and store them in the refrigerator. You can keep it up to three weeks. Don’t forget to take it out of the refrigerator a while before you give it to your dog ; croquettes must be at room temperature for consumption.
Prepare Homemade Food for Your Dog!
Veterinarians recommend that dogs only be given dry food, but you can occasionally cook for your dog yourself. [Read more »