Our pets lose a lot of water during the summer. This is precisely why we should work to avoid losing liquids, especially during the summer months. One of the best ways to achieve this is to prepare refreshing and delicious ice creams for dogs. Keep reading for ice cream recipes for dogs!
Can Dogs Eat Ice Cream?
On a hot summer day all dogs can enjoy ice cream. However, you should avoid adding unhealthy ingredients when preparing ice cream for dogs. Therefore, these recipes do not include chocolate, coffee, sugar or artificial sweeteners. You can prepare ice creams from fruits such as strawberries, apples, pears, peaches and blueberries that are useful for dogs.
You can also prepare delicious and practical ice creams that will provide your dog with high quality protein !
See also: 3 Ice Cream Recipes for Dogs
In addition, none of these recipes are dairy products because most adult dogs have lactose intolerance. Therefore, you can use low-lactose products such as vegetable milk (rice milk) or natural yogurts to achieve a creamy consistency .
Among the ice cream ingredients for dogs is kefir. This natural probiotic; accelerates bowel movements , strengthens immunity and prevents many diseases. Therefore, adding it to your dog’s diet is beneficial to your dog’s health. Of course, you should consult your vet before doing so and make such changes according to their direction.
Ice Cream Recipe for Dogs
Here are three easy-to-make and nutritious ice cream recipes for dogs!
Tutti Frutti for dogs
This recipe reveals a mixture of flavors of two or more healthy fruits for dogs. For example, in this recipe you can use bananas, apples and strawberries to obtain quality fiber and vitamins.
Half sliced bananas of medium size
- Half a bowl of rice milk (without lactose)
- A pinch of cinnamon sticks
Seeded and half-sliced apple
Two medium size strawberries
- First crush the slices of bananas, apples and strawberries. Then add rice milk on top.
- Then gently mix by placing a pinch of cinnamon.
- Then pour the mixture into the ice cube tray. Immediately wrap the mold with paper or stretch film to avoid spilling anything into the mixture.
- You can also use ice cream sticks if you wish. You can place one stick in each ice cream mold. This way, you can feed your dog ice cream without contaminating your hand.
- Finally, place the mold in the freezer and allow it to freeze before serving.
Quick and Easy to Make Apple Ice Cream Recipe
This ice cream recipe for dogs is very useful if you don’t have a lot of time but want to prepare a nice summer snack for your dog. This recipe, consisting of only two ingredients, is made in an ice cube .
Since these ice creams are completely prepared with apples and water, they do not contain dairy products; is ideal for dogs with lactose intolerance .
1 medium sized apple with seed removed and sliced
- Half a bowl of water at room temperature
- To prepare this recipe, crush the seedless apple slices in water.
- Then pour the mixture into the ice pan and place in the freezer.
- After the mixture has hardened, serve your dog two or three cubes. Don’t forget to give service according to your dog’s age and weight!
Chicken, Potato and Carrot Ice Cream Recipe for Dogs
These delicious ice creams for dogs contain plenty of protein, minerals and vitamins. It takes a little longer to build than the previous recipes, but your dog will love the taste. Although this recipe does not contain dairy products, we do not recommend eating dogs that are allergic to chicken.
1 chicken breast or 1 chicken leg
- 1 carrot
- Half teaspoon of olive oil (optional)
- Water (as you need it)
1 medium potato
- First, put the chicken, carrot and potatoes in a saucepan and fill them with water until they click and boil. After the mixture has cooked well, close the bottom and allow to cool.
- Second, mix all the ingredients by adding the vegetables and the juice of the meat. Continue stirring until the cream is thick. If you want to add olive oil, you can add.
- Finally, put the mixture in the mold and throw it into the freezer.
When the ice creams are ready to be eaten, you can serve them to your furry friends!
Refreshing Summer Recipes for Cats
In hot weather it is important that the kittens are not dehydrated. For this purpose, we want to share refreshing summer recipes that you can prepare for your cat. [Read more »