A healthy adult dog is a dog that has been correctly trained and fed with the right amount of protein and essential vitamins. The methods used to feed puppies vary according to their age, and the puppies’ feeding needs should be met from day one.
For the first 45 days puppies the most suitable food for breast milk. When this phase is over, fry milk should be discontinued, starting to give other types of food. You should keep in mind that dogs grow very fast. You should also be prepared in advance for dietary changes.
Puppies’ Nutrition Is Very Different From People’s Feeding Style
All veterinarians agree that puppies and adult dogs cannot generally eat the same food as humans. I Some people eat nutrients for both dogs and other animals harmful and toxic you should remember that you should remember. .
Along with the type of food, you will need to take into account other aspects, such as the quantity you feed them and the feeding frequency , and all this will change as the chicks grow.
- In the first four months, puppies can be fed four or five meals a day.
- Gradually, they will reduce to three meals a day.
- Finally, like all other adult dogs, they will eat twice a day within 24 hours.
Breastfeeding of pups
As you might expect, breast milk is essential for a puppy in the early days of his life . Since their mothers can provide the nutrients needed for their newborn offspring, the offspring should be fed with breast milk for the first 45 days.
If, for any reason, it is not possible for the pups to be fed with breast milk, you will need to find a quality puppy dog food at the pet store . In any case, the best option to find out what to do is always to consult a trusted vet.
Tips for Feeding Puppies
- As we have noted, homemade food is not sufficient to meet a dog’s nutritional needs . Continuous use of homemade food in the feeding of puppies may result in a deficiency or excess of certain nutrients that may ultimately reduce the quality of life of the animal.
- Note that some human nutrients are toxic for puppies and for all animals in general .
- Chemical-free dog food, is the ideal food that the puppy will receive from the moment he stops drinking breast milk . These foods contain a balanced amount of vitamins, fiber and protein that should be happy and healthy at every stage of the offspring’s lives.
- The best dog food varies with the age of the dog. Puppy feeding depends on how fast her body grows. That is why it is very important to find dog food containing probiotics and vitamins instead of chemicals; because they strengthen the immune system and protect the bacterial flora.
- When the pups are six months old , they leave the puppy stage and fall into the category of young, which is almost an adult dog . During this time they need to get enough calcium and phosphorus. Even though they are mature, they are still in growth and need nutrients to strengthen their bones.
- Hydration is another important issue. Puppies constantly need water to be healthy. You must ensure that your dog’s water container is always filled with clean and fresh water. It is important that their food and water containers, as well as their feeding areas, are sterile.
The ideal amount of nutrition
Do not give the pups too much food. Too much food can damage the digestive system and cause, among other things, excessive pressure on the skeletal system. It would not be good for them to gain too much weight in a very short time.
To find the right amount for the pups, you can start by following the manufacturer’s instructions on the back of the dog food bag.
There is no standard diet for all pups. The amount of nutrition may vary depending on age, sex, physical activity and similar factors. By weighing your dog periodically, you can be sure that it is the right weight for age, size and breed .
Nutrition and Exercise
Do not feed your dog immediately before or after exercise or physical activity. It is best to leave your puppy one hour between meal time and physical activity. In fact, it is a good habit for dogs to rest for a while after eating their food. In this way, the stomach will be prevented from disturbing.
Care of Old Dogs
Animals age just like humans. Over the years, they need more attention. Help them to experience this period in the best way. [Read more »